Nine teams set for 2014 Auto GP
As happened since its inception, Auto GP will continue to offer the best benefit-cost ratio in international motorsport.
As happened since its inception, Auto GP will continue to offer the best benefit-cost ratio in international motorsport. All the 2013 teams were confirmed for the new season, joined on-track by the already-announced Puma 3 Motorsport. The Spanish-based squad will double-up the Iberian flavour of the series after the arrival of Ibiza Racing Team.
The 2014 Teams and Managers
- Comtec by Virtuosi – Phil Blow
- Fortec Italia Motorsport – Vincenzo Sospiri
- Ghinzani Motorsport – Stefania Ghinzani
- Ibiza Racing Team – Modesto Benegiamo
- MLR71 – Michele La Rosa
- Puma 3 Motrosport – Orlando Rios
- Super Nova International – David Sears
- Virtuosi Racing – Andy Roche
- Zele Racing – Michael Zele
More interest in the series also came from two more squads that are looking forward to join the series. Team Spirit, owned by Giuseppe Fogola, has already taken part in a test session last December at Vallelunga, while Rocco Pedruzzi’s RC Motorsport also showed some great interest.
In addition to a schedule including Europe’s top racetracks, Auto GP will also be offering a hefty 300.000 Euro in prize money.