Infiniti reinvents the gasoline engine — VC-Turbo
The World's First Production-Ready Variable Compression Engine
INFINITI VC-Turbo Engine - Sponsored by INFINITI
Infiniti's has developed the first variable compression ratio engine which will ever be used in a production vehicle. The compression ratio can vary from a highly boosted 8:1 ratio, to an Atkinson-cycle running 14:1 ratio. What this means is the engine can produce significant horsepower by using the low compression ratio with a turbocharger, or it can achieve excellent fuel economy by using a high compression ratio and an efficient engine cycle. Now there aren’t simply to modes the engine runs in, it can vary and run at any compression ratio between 8:1 and 14:1, allowing for optimal performance and efficiency for whatever the driving condition may be.
This video will discuss:
1. What is a compression ratio?
2. Why is it beneficial to change the compression ratio?
3. How does the engine alter the compression ratio?
4. What are the advantages of the VC-Turbo engine?
5. What are the balancing characteristics of the VC-Turbo engine?
6. How did INFINITI test this engine for durability and reliability?
The VC-Turbo engine will debut in the 2019 INFINITI QX50. It’s also incorporated within the Q Inspiration, a concept car INFINITI developed to speak to their new interior and exterior design language.
About this video
|Posted||Feb 1, 2018|