N24: Seven Audi race cars entered for the Nürburgring 24 Hours Qualifying Race
Seven Audi cars are entered to qualify for the Nurburging 24 Hours.
By Johan Laubscher
The ADAC Nürburgring 24 Hours Qualifying Race is coming up this weekend. A total of seven Audi race cars are included on the entry list, with five Audi R8 LMS ultra cars.
A forty-seven car grid is on the entry list and all will be fighting for ten available spots in the top thirty qualifying shootout, which will be held during the Nürburgring 24 Hours race week from 19-22 June.
Prosperia C.ABT Racing and Audi race experience (TKL Motorsport) will each be entering two Audi R8 LMS ultra cars this weekend, along with one R8 LMS ultra from G Drive Racing (WRT). Rotek Racing will be fielding two cars, their SP4T Audi TT RS and their SP8 Audi RS 4.
Entered teams (according to entry list on 02/04/2014): Prosperia C.ABT Racing
- 9 Audi R8 LMS ultra - Christopher Mies, Christer Jöns, Nicki Thiim
- 10 Audi R8 LMS ultra - Peter Terting, Marco Seefried, Dominik Schwager
G Drive Racing (WRT)
- 17 Audi R8 LMS ultra - Roman Rosinov, Stephane Ortelli, Edward Sandström, Nico Müller
Audi race experience (TKL Motorsport)
- 18 Audi R8 LMS ultra - Rahel Frey, Christian Frankenhout, Dominique Bastien, Christian Bollrath
- 502 Audi R8 LMS ultra - Felix Baumgartner, Marco Werner, Frank Biela, Pierre Kaffer
- 45 Audi RS 4 - Robb Holland, William Caswell
- 108 Audi TT RS - Rob Huff, Kevin Gleason, Richard Meins
This weekend will include practice and qualifying sessions on Saturday, followed by a second qualifying session and the six-hour race on Sunday.
Photo credit: Audi Communications - Motorsport
BMW Motorsport introduces new junior programme for GT and touring car racing.
Five Audi teams rely on the R8 LMS ultra in the Nürburgring 24 Hours