Formula 1
Formula 1
30 Apr
-
03 May
FP1 in
74 days
07 May
-
10 May
FP1 in
81 days
21 May
-
24 May
FP1 in
94 days
R
Azerbaijan GP
04 Jun
-
07 Jun
FP1 in
109 days
11 Jun
-
14 Jun
FP1 in
116 days
25 Jun
-
28 Jun
FP1 in
130 days
02 Jul
-
05 Jul
FP1 in
137 days
16 Jul
-
19 Jul
FP1 in
151 days
R
Hungarian GP
30 Jul
-
02 Aug
FP1 in
165 days
27 Aug
-
30 Aug
FP1 in
193 days
03 Sep
-
06 Sep
FP1 in
200 days
R
Singapore GP
17 Sep
-
20 Sep
FP1 in
214 days
24 Sep
-
27 Sep
FP1 in
221 days
R
United States GP
22 Oct
-
25 Oct
FP1 in
249 days
29 Oct
-
01 Nov
FP1 in
256 days
R
Brazilian GP
12 Nov
-
15 Nov
FP1 in
270 days
R
Abu Dhabi GP
26 Nov
-
29 Nov
FP1 in
284 days

Snow forecast threatens Barcelona F1 testing

shares
comments
Snow forecast threatens Barcelona F1 testing
By:
Feb 26, 2018, 8:05 PM

Formula 1 teams have held talks about extending the first pre-season test by an extra day as bad weather is predicted for the middle of this week. 

Lance Stroll, Williams FW41
Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull Racing RB14
Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari SF71H
Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes-AMG F1 W09
Fernando Alonso, McLaren MCL33
Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes-AMG F1 W09

Cool temperatures and rain on Monday afternoon meant limited running at Barcelona. With snow forecast for Wednesday, and conditions expected to improve from Thursday onwards, some teams have pushed to cancel one of the next two days in favour of running on Friday.

But Williams has rented the circuit on Friday for a filming day, while Ferrari has booked Saturday for the same purpose. Motorsport.com has learned Sunday and Monday, when the weather is expected to be warmer and dry, remain available.

The latter option would arguably be the most logical and least disruptive as it would tag onto the start of the second test, which is due to start on Tuesday, March 6.

A change of day requires unanimous support from all 10 teams. This was not achieved as of Monday night but further talks are expected tomorrow.

“At the moment there are no more talks about it,” said Haas team principal Gunther Steiner. “It didn’t get anywhere up to now. We’ll have to look at that tomorrow.”

Steiner said his team would “almost have to” switch days if running was moved to another day.

He added: “It seems odd not to do it. We will decide that one tomorrow. We still have a day to go to see what we are going to do. There’s no point to decide if we can’t get the track anyway.”

Next article
Barcelona test, Day 1: Exposing F1 2018’s latest tech updates

Previous article

Barcelona test, Day 1: Exposing F1 2018’s latest tech updates

Next article

Gallery: Opening day of Barcelona F1 test

Gallery: Opening day of Barcelona F1 test
Load comments