Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: Sterling Marlin and the Coors Light team are taking chassis ...
Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: Sterling Marlin and the Coors Light team are taking chassis #005 to Talladega Superspeedway this weekend.
* Top 10 Finishes: Marlin has already posted three top-10 finishes in eight races this season.
* Talladega Superspeedway: Marlin has won twice at Talladega in 1995 and 1996. He has had nine top-10 finishes in 21 spring race starts.
* Qualifying at Talladega: Marlin has sat on the pole three times at Talladega Superspeedway which he did in 1991, 1992 and 1995.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin's ninth place finish at Martinsville last weekend kept him 14th in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings.
* Last chance to vote!: Fans have until the end of the month to vote for one of three different No. 40 Prilosec OTC paint schemes, to be run later this season, on www.prilosecotc.com.
Sterling Marlin Quotes:
"At Talladega you have got to have a fast car, a lot of motor and a good body on it. You've also got to have the breaks. If somebody goes with you and pushes you through there you can go. Me, I used to really look forward to Talladega, but now it's just hurry up and get out of there. Everybody is on top of each other and it's really hard to break away. It looks like Daytona separated pretty good and so I am hoping that it will be that way this weekend. You look out the front and you look out the back all day long. You just hope you're far enough up front that when the stuff breaks out you're ahead of it. Your chassis setup is not as critical at Talladega as it is at Daytona, so hopefully everybody can stay in a straight line and get this thing over with."