Jordan Anderson returns truck, says charges dismissed
NASCAR Truck Series driver Jordan Anderson said Tuesday he has returned a race truck that was the subject of a warrant for his arrest and the charges have been dismissed.
“We have been cooperating with the investigation through counsel since I was notified about there being a potential warrant for my arrest while we were racing in Las Vegas,” Anderson said Tuesday in a statement.
"My attorney has stayed in constant contact with the Rowan County District Attorney handling the case to reach a resolution, which has resulted in charges being dropped and a voluntary dismissal being filed earlier this morning without the need of a formal arrest.
“The race truck in question was delivered earlier this week to a location desired by the Rowan County Sheriff’s Department. I continue to maintain my innocence in this matter, and the fact that I bought the race truck in good faith with a bill of sale, unbeknown of its history.”
According to the sheriff’s department, Anderson bought the truck from Robert Newling, who had made repairs on the truck. Newling was arrested on charges of larceny of a motor vehicle. His next court date is Nov. 21.
Anderson said he is ready to move on from the incident.
“This has been quite a humbling lesson in being a new team owner, and the importance of discerning who you do business with. I take great honor in representing to the best of my ability my fans, partners, and family; and am grateful for your grace, support, and prayers through this all,” he said.
From the editor, also read:
Hailie Deegan says first NASCAR win is "best day of my life"
Tyler Dippel to drive for GMS: “This is the opportunity of a lifetime”
On the eve of the Gran Turismo World Series Nations Cup World Final, gaming series producer Kazunori Yamauchi clarified its current relationship with the FIA and its virtual motorsport plans for next season.
Sebastian Vettel has revealed the story behind the unique ‘Invitation’ T-shirt that he wore to his final Formula 1 race in Abu Dhabi last weekend.
The death of Dietrich Mateschitz last month has not only deprived Red Bull of its visionary founder, it has shorn Formula 1 of one of its most influential benefactors. Mateschitz himself was famously media-shy, preferring to let the brand do the talking on his behalf. And, while it’s now normal to speak of Red Bull F1 titles and champions made, Mateschitz never assumed it would be easy or even possible – as ANTHONY ROWLINSON discovered during this previously unpublished interview from 2006…
BMW driver Sheldon van der Linde wants to tick off Bathurst 12 Hour from his bucket list after winning the 2022 DTM title with the new M4 GT3.