Charlotte II: Joes Logano race report
* Kyle Busch picked up the win for Joe Gibbs Racing in Saturday's Nationwide Series event in Charlotte, N.C. * Joey Logano began the race from the 10th starting position after a qualifying lap of 29.578 seconds, or 182.568 mph. * Logano was ...
* Kyle Busch picked up the win for Joe Gibbs Racing in Saturday's Nationwide Series event in Charlotte, N.C.
* Joey Logano began the race from the 10th starting position after a qualifying lap of 29.578 seconds, or 182.568 mph.
* Logano was caught up in an accident on lap 69 which caused body and chassis damage to the No. 20 GameStop Toyota.
* After several stops for repairs, Logano was able to drive his way back into the top-10 by lap 115.
* On lap 166, while running lap times comparable to the leader, Logano was shown the black flag and was forced to come down pit road for a piece of the rear bumper that was dragging on the track.
* The black flag relegated Logano to a 14th place finish, one lap down.
"We gave it a good shot tonight, but three-in-a-row was not in the cards for the GameStop Toyota. We just didn't have any luck on our side and that is what it takes to do something like that. The car was really loose in qualifying, which didn't help us get a good starting spot, but I thought it would be fine for the race. You typically get tight the longer you run here, but it went tight real quick and we could never get that out of it. It was worse in 'dirty air.' But I thought everyone did a good job tonight and if we couldn't be the team in Victory Lane I'm glad that it was our teammate."
"I thought we were done after we got caught up in that early wreck, but I was surprised that the car wasn't that bad. We had a few suspension pieces that were bent and some body damage, but it drove okay. I'm not sure what happened on that one. The cars in front of me started checking up but by the time I could jump on the brakes I was already into the back of the '23.' Then I got hit from behind and that finished me off. This racetrack is very fast right now and things can happen in a hurry. I'm proud of the GameStop Toyota team and the way they were able to repair the damage. I thought we could have finished third, but we had a piece of bumper bar that was dragging and we had to make an unscheduled pit stop to cut it off."
Nick Joanides makes series debut at Memphis
Charlotte II: John Wes Townley race report