BNS: Beech Ridge fact sheet
<pre> 2001 BUSCH NORTH SERIES, NASCAR TOURING RACE FACTS WHAT: Irving Oil 150 Busch North Series, NASCAR Touring Race ...
<pre> 2001 BUSCH NORTH SERIES, NASCAR TOURING RACE FACTS
WHAT: Irving Oil 150 Busch North Series, NASCAR Touring Race #9 of 21
WHERE: Beech Ridge Motor Speedway, Scarborough, Maine .333 mile paved oval
WHEN: Saturday, July 7, 2000
DISTANCE: 150 laps (50 miles)
POSTED AWARDS: $73,150 (including $2,800 Busch North Series, NASCAR Touring Championship point fund money)
FIELD: 30 cars (Fastest 25 through two rounds of time trials. Two additional positions will be added as provisional starters based on the current 2001 Busch North Series driver point standings, two positions based on the current 2001 Busch North Series owner point standings, plus one position reserved for a past Busch North Series champion, if needed.)
SANCTION: National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR)
PROMOTER: Beech Ridge Speedway, Inc.
CONTACTS: Andy Cusack, Beech Ridge Motor Speedway (207) 885-0111 Al Robinson, NASCAR (607) 565-2328
SCHEDULE: Saturday, July 7 10:00 a.m. Registration & Inspection 11:00 a.m. Mandatory Drivers Meeting 12:00 noon to 12:40 p.m. Practice 1:10 p.m. to 1:50 p.m. Practice 5:45 p.m. Bud Pole Qualifying (pos. 1-20) 7:15 p.m. Second round qualifying (pos. 21-25) 9:00 p.m. (approx.) Irving Oil 150 </pre> NOTES OF INTEREST:
* The Irving Oil 150 is a new event on the Busch North Series calendar, and marks the second of three scheduled appearances by the Busch North Series at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway in 2001. BRMS is the first track the series visits for a second time this season.
* The PTM Racing 150 at Beech Ridge on June 10 saw Mike Olsen capture his first career Busch North Series race win, passing leader Paul Richardson on lap 123. Richardson finished second, his BNS career best, with Mike Johnson, Dave Dion, and Brian Hoar completing the top five. Olsen averaged 45.774 mph through six caution periods for 46 laps.
* The was no Bud Pole winner at the PTM Racing 150, as a thunderstorm arrived during the qualifying session. In order to complete the racing program as scheduled, time trials were cancelled and the lineup was set by points.
* Complete qualifying statistics for all Beech Ridge BNS races were not available at press time, but for reference the fastest Bud Pole effort since 1998 was turned by Jeff Taylor on June 12, 1999, at 15.598 seconds, 76.933 miles per hour.
* Tracy Gordon and Dale Shaw have won three Busch North Series races at Beech Ridge, including one each during the 2000 season. Single races have been won by Kelly Moore, Andy Santerre, Dave Dion, Brad Leighton, and Mike Olsen.
* Beech Ridge Motor Speedway opened in 1949 and operated until 1986 with an oiled dirt surface. The track was paved with asphalt in 1987 and became a member of the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series in 1995.
* The final Busch North Series event at Beech Ridge in 2001 will take place on Sunday afternoon, September 9.
STAT OF THE WEEK
After seven races (through the CarQuest 150 at Stafford on June 22), the 2001 Busch North Series had produced five race winners, 16 top-five finishers, and 23 top-10 finishers. For the full 2000 season of 17 races, the corresponding totals were nine winners, 21 top-five finishers, and 34 top-ten finishers.
SES: South Boston Speedway CJF Racing preview
SWS: Sears Point Inglebright post-race report