Hardeeville: Race facts
<pre> WHAT: "SOUTH CAROLINA 150" GOODY'S DASH SERIES, NASCAR TOURING RACE ...
WHAT: "SOUTH CAROLINA 150" GOODY'S DASH SERIES, NASCAR TOURING RACE #2 of 14
WHERE: Hardeeville Motor Speedway, Hardeeville, SC (1/3 Mile Paved)
WHEN: Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 8:00 p.m.
DISTANCE: 150 LAPS (50 MILES)
POSTED AWARDS: $33,650 POSTED AWARDS (Including $1,900 Goody's Dash Series, NASCAR Touring Championship Point Fund money.)
FIELD: The starting field for this Event has been established as follows: Positions list thru 20th will be determined from time trials. Provisional Positions 21st and 22nd have been established for up to two additional starting positions, which will be available to the highest 30 drivers in the final 2001 Goody's Dash Series, NASCAR Touring Championship point standings, who have not qualified for one of the original 20 starting positions, provided eligible driver's attempt to qualify in qualifying events. Provisional Positions 23rd and 24th have been established for up to two additional starting positions which will be available to the highest 30 car owners in the final 2001 Goody's Dash Series, NASCAR Touring Championship point standings, who have not qualified for one of the original 20 starting positions.
SANCTION: National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) PROMOTER: Hardeeville Motor Speedway, Inc.
SCHEDULE: (The following schedule is subject to change)
Saturday, April 6th: 10:00 a.m. Haulers enter & Registration opens. 10:30 a.m. Gates open & Inspections begin. 12:00 Noon Drawing to determine order of qualifying. 12:30 p.m. Mandatory All Driver's & Rookie Driver's Mtg. 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. Practice. 2:15 to 3:15 p.m. Practice. 3:30 p.m. Mand. Driver's & Crew Chief's Mtg at Dash Trailer 5:30 p.m. Time Trials (2 Laps.) 8:00 p.m. "SOUTH CAROLINA 150"
NOTES OF INTEREST:
* This will be the first time that any NASCAR Division has visited Hardeeville Motor Speedway. Records indicate that it has been nearly 32 years since a NASCAR Touring Division has competed in the Hardeeville/Savannah region.
* Hardeeville Motor Speedway is only three years old. The track is a high-banked
* D-shaped configuration. The facilities feature spacious grandstands with an excellent view of the entire track. The Speedway regularly draws fans from nearby Hilton Head Island and the Savannah metropolitan area.
* Robert Huffman, of Claremont, NC, comes into this event leading the Championship points by virtue of winning the season opener at Daytona International Speedway. Huffman is a four-time series' Champion (1990,1998,1999,2000) and has 36 career victories (second on the all-time win list). Huffman wheels a Toyota Celica and is the only driver, in the history of NASCAR to win a sanctioned event in that particular make of car.
* Cam Strader, of Wilson, NC, is the series' defending Champion. Strader is also competing, on a limited basis, in the Busch Grand National Division and ARCA Series. He recently made in first start in ARCA at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. He finished in third place. Strader drives a Mercury Cougar and has five career wins.
* MAG KLIP Rookie of the Year Contenders include: Kelly "Girl" Sutton, Chuck Gafrarar, Brian Loftin, and Brandon Ward, and Keith Williams.