<pre> 2001 Featherlite Southwest Series WHAT: FOODS CO "125" Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring Race No. 10 WHERE: Madera Speedway, Madera, Calif. 1/3-Mile Paved WHEN: Saturday, July 28, 2001 -- 8:30 p.m.
<pre> 2001 Featherlite Southwest Series
WHAT: FOODS CO "125" Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring Race No. 10
WHERE: Madera Speedway, Madera, Calif. 1/3-Mile Paved
WHEN: Saturday, July 28, 2001 -- 8:30 p.m. PST
DISTANCE: 125 Laps/41.666 Miles
POSTED AWARDS: $31,850 </pre> FIELD: 22 cars possible. The fastest 16 cars through time trials with two provisional starting positions (17th & 18th) available to the top 30 drivers based on the current 2001 Featherlite Southwest Series point standings, who have not qualified for one of the original 16 starting positions, provided eligible drivers attempt to qualify. The 19th and 20th starting positions are available to the highest 30 car owners in the current 2001 Featherlite Southwest Series point standings who have not qualified for one of the original 16 starting positions. The 21st and 22nd starting positions will be filled by the top two (2) highest finishing drivers from the Qualifying Race, electing to transfer. <pre> SANCTION: National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR)
PROMOTER: Madera Speedway, Inc.
SCHEDULE: Saturday, July 28 10:00 a.m. Registration & Inspections 12:00noon Drawing to determine Qualifying order 12:15 p.m. Mandatory Rookie Meeting 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. Practice 2:15 p.m. Mandatory driver's meeting 3:00-3:30 p.m. Practice 4:45 p.m. Time Trials (2 Laps). All positions TBA Qualifying race 8:30 p.m. FOODS CO "125"
THE RACE TRACK: Madera Speedway is a 1/3-mile paved oval track.
RECORDS: Driver Date Speed Time QUALIFYING: Lance Hooper 7/22/95 86.269 mph 13.91 sec. RACE: 100-Laps Bob Lyon 9/2/00 66.852 mph 29 min. 55 sec. </pre> FEATHERLITE SOUTHWEST SERIES NOTES:
* Auggie Vidovich Jr. won his first race of the season in the series last outing at Mesa Marin Raceway in Bakersfield, Calif. June 30, 2001
* Craig Raudman of Bakersfield, Calif. has set the record for consecutive Bud Pole awards at five. Raudman stands in first place in the season point standings. Raudman has six Bud Pole Awards this season.
* Bob Lyon, Aqua Dulce, Calif., is the iron man of the series with 228 appearances.
* FSWS point leader, M.K. Kanke of Frazier Park, Calif. suffered a broken right leg at Sears Point Raceway in a single car incident while qualifying in June. Kanke has missed the last two events but remains second in the point standings
* Jon Nelson of Hemet, Calif. has vaulted into 4th place in the season point standings after a three straight top five finishes.
* Scott Brandt has reassumed the lead in the Rookie-of-the-Year standings with an 18th place finish at Mesa Marin. Ben Walker was Rookie of the Race with a fifth place finish.
* Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company has posted award tires for all the remaining events in 2001, which include 32 tires to be distributed to eligible Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring car owners per event. <pre> Current FSWS 2001 Point Standings 2000 Madera Speedway Top 10 1. Craig Raudman 1306 1. Bob Lyon 2. M.K. Kanke 1209 2. Eric Holmes 3. Auggie Vidovich Jr. 1192 3. Nathan Tucker 4. Jon Nelson 1167 4. M.K. Kanke 5. Darrell LaMoure 1164 5. Jeff McCoun 6. Bob Lyon 1139 6. Matt Crafton 7. Greg Pursley 1127 7. Todd Souza 8. Jim Pettit II 1059 8. Bob McCoun 9. Nick Joanides 1043 9. Greg Pursley 10. Doug McCoun 1038 10. Scott Lynch </pre> 2000 RACE REVIEW: Matt Crafton won the Bud Pole Award with a time of 14.350 and started the event in the eighth position due to the invert. Darrell LaMoure led the first 45 laps from his pole starting position, then lost the lead when a hard-charging Bob Lyon took the point and led the final 54 laps. <pre> 2000 RACE STATS Bud Pole: Matt Crafton Time of Race: 29 min, 55 seconds Average Speed: 66.825 mph Margin of Victory: .2 seconds Caution Flags: Four for 14 Laps Lap Leaders: Darrell LaMoure 1-45, Bob Lyon 46-100. One lead changes between two drivers.
Previous FSWS Winners at Madera Speedway 2000-Bob Lyon 1999- Kurt Busch 1998- M.K. Kanke 1997- M.K. Kanke 1996- Bryan Germone 1995- Lance Hooper 1989- Dan Press 1988- Troy Beebe 1987- Rick Carelli
SWS: Madera Speedway fact sheet
- Formula 1