SCCA ProRally Championship Round 2 International Cherokee Trails Rally DENVER, Colorado Second round of ten for the 2002 season. Over 90 SCCA and FIA Performance Rally cars from across North America and the world will compete on hard-packed dirt ...
SCCA ProRally Championship Round 2
International Cherokee Trails Rally
DENVER, Colorado Second round of ten for the 2002 season. Over 90 SCCA and FIA Performance Rally cars from across North America and the world will compete on hard-packed dirt and gravel roads within the Ocoee/Hiwassee District of the Cherokee National Forest, east of Chattanooga. This televised event is sanctioned by the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) through its Chattanooga Region. The event is organized by the Knoxville, TN based Rally Promotions, Inc.
When & Where:
· March 15-16, 2002; Chattanooga, TN; approximately 100 miles (160km) north of Atlanta, GA
· Time zone at event: Eastern Time (same as New York)
Headquarters Hotel and Event Press Room Location:
· Mariott Convention Center, 2 Carter Plaza, Chattanooga, TN 37402 423.756.0002 or 800.228.9290
Wednesday, 13 March
· 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM Rally HQ open
Thursday, 14 March
· 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Rally HQ open for registration
· 2:30 PM - 6:00 PM Shakedown stage (works teams)
Friday, 15 March
· 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM Rally HQ open for registration
· 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM Scrutineering (Pro teams: 8:00AM - 3:00 PM, Club teams: 4:00 PM- 7:00 PM)
· 7:00 PM Ceremonial Start - Downtown Chattanooga
· 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM Parc Expose
Saturday, 16 March
· 6:00 AM Publication of Crews eligible to start, Official Start, CricKet Pavilion
· 8:30 PM Awards Banquet; Chattanooga Conference and Trade Center
· The FIA International and SCCA ProRally competition will follow global performance rallying FIA standards.
· The SCCA ProRally portion of the Cherokee Trails event is a full-points round for SCCA Driver & Manufacturer Championships.
· There will also be SCCA ClubRally competition for regionally based rally teams.
Selected entries (driver/co-driver):
· World Debut of the all-new 2003 SCCA Open Class Hyundai Tiburons, prepared by 11-time SCCA ProRally Champion and US Rally legend John Buffum, driven by 8-time SCCA driving champion Paul Choiniere with 7-time co-driving champion Jeff Becker, and UK champion Mark Higgins with Michael Gibson.
· 2001 SCCA ProRally Overall Driver Champion and 2001 Manufacturers champion Mark Lovell with Steve Turvey; SCCA Open Class 2002 Subaru WRX.
· 2001 Canadian Rally Champions Tom McGeer and Mark Williams; Open Class 2002 Subaru WRX.
· European and Polish Rally Champion Janusz Kulig with Jaroslaw Baran; Gr N 2000 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI
· Two-time High Performance Showroom Stock Pikes Peak International Hillclimb Champion Rhys Millen, with Garry Cowan; 2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI
All events in the SCCA ProRally Championship consist of flat-out racing, in any weather, on challenging forest, mountain or desert roads. SCCA Performance Rally events follow a format similar to that used around the globe. However, most events do not allow for on-course practice (recces) or pacenotes. Competitors generally see the course for the first time as they race it. The International Cherokee Trails Rally a recced and pacenoted event, and therefore entrants have the option of running the stage roads in advance of the actual rally to get acclimated to the roads.
At-speed competition takes place only on "special stages," using demanding back roads closed by local authorities for the event. "Transits" connect the "special stage" sections together and are driven at posted speeds, with teams fully subject to all traffic laws.
SCCA Performance Rally vehicles are production-based cars and trucks from manufacturers around the world. They compete both for the overall victory and wins within a class structure that groups together vehicles with similar performance capabilities.
Each vehicle carries a driver and a co-driver/navigator. Using a detailed route book and a rally computer, the co-driver keeps the team on-course and advises the driver of any hazards ahead. This role is as critical as the driver's skill, since the team is traveling at full racing speeds, typically over roads they have not seen, in any type of weather.
· SCCA ProRally: http://www.sccaprorally.org/
· International Cherokee Trails Rally: http://www.cherokeetrailsrally.com
The SCCA ProRally Championship is presented by Hyundai, Mitsubishi and Subaru, and is televised on Speedvision in North America.
-scca pro rally-
RALLY: Doo Wops Snowmoose Motorsports report
RALLY: ProRally: Cherokee Trails: News update 2002-03-15
RALLY: ProRally: Cherokee Trails: Event preview
- Formula 1
11 Jun - 14 JunTickets
25 Jun - 28 JunTickets
2 Jul - 5 JulTickets
16 Jul - 19 JulTickets
30 Jul - 2 AugTickets
27 Aug - 30 AugTickets