360 Sprint Poll update 2003-09-17
KNOXVILLE, IOWA (September 17, 2003) - Travis Rilat of Forney, Texas, has retained his number one ranking in the country as the top winged 360-cubic-inch sprint car driver, as voted by the National 360 Sprint Car Poll's select panel of ...
KNOXVILLE, IOWA (September 17, 2003) - Travis Rilat of Forney, Texas, has retained his number one ranking in the country as the top winged 360-cubic-inch sprint car driver, as voted by the National 360 Sprint Car Poll's select panel of manufacturers, media members, sanctioning officials and promoters. The American Sprint Car Series (ASCS) point leader received 8 of 21 first-place ballots cast.
Ranked second in the poll, by a narrow margin, is fellow ASCS competitor Gary Wright of Hooks, Texas. Wright earned six first-place votes. Rounding out the top five drivers, respectively, are United Sprint Car Series (USCS) paved-track point leader Kenny Adams of Florida, United Racing Club (URC) point leader Dave Ely of Pennsylvania, and USCS dirt-track point leader Terry Gray of Tennessee.
Concluding the top ten drivers in the late summer seasonal poll are "Mr. Sprint Car" title-holder Shane Stewart of Oklahoma, Knoxville Raceway point champion Billy Alley of Nebraska, Zach Chappell of Oklahoma, Empire Super Sprints (ESS) point leader Mike Lutz of Pennsylvania, and Shane's brother Darren Stewart of Oklahoma, respectively.
In addition to those earned by Rilat and Wright, first-place blue ribbons were given by the voting panel to Kenny Adams (two), Shane Stewart (two), Billy Alley, Northern Sprint Tour (NST) point leader Roger Crockett, and Kevin Welsh.
The National 360 Sprint Car Poll is an annual awards program of the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame & Museum Foundation, Inc., of Knoxville, Iowa. Many of the 'top 25' drivers in the nation will be able to be seen at the September 25-27 ASCS/Winged Outlaw Warriors (WOW) $10,000-to-win show at Sedalia's State Fair Speedway in Missouri.
SUMMER 2003 NATIONAL 360 SPRINT CAR POLL
1. Travis Rilat (8), Forney, TX, 1130 points
2. Gary Wright (6), Hooks, TX, 1037
3. Kenny Adams (2), Malabar, FL, 407
4. Dave Ely, West Lawn, PA, 396
5. Terry Gray, Bartlett, TN, 389
6. Shane Stewart (2), Bixby, OK, 373
7. Billy Alley (1), Lincoln, NE, 286
8. Zach Chappell, Talala, OK, 217
9. Mike Lutz, Mercer, PA, 198
10. Darren Stewart, Bixby, OK, 165
11. Roger Crockett (1), Eugene, OR, 137
12. Curt Michael, Ocean View, DE, 76
13. Mike Woodring, Eden, NY, 75
14. Kevin Ramey, Mansfield, TX, 54
15. Erin Crocker, Wilbraham, MA, 53
16. Tim Crawley, Mabelvale, AR, 51
17. Jason Solwold, Mt. Vernon, WA, 50
18. Dustin Daggett, Portland, MI, 45
19. Stephen Allard, Chico, CA, 38
20. Dwain Leiber, Bluffton, OH, 33
21. Andy Forsberg, Auburn, CA, 32
22. Cory Haas, Dallastown, PA, 30
tie Terry McCarl, Pleasant Hill, IA, 30
24. Trevor Lewis, Revere, PA, 28
25. Jesse Giannetto, Palo, IA, 26
tie Kevin Welsh (1), Far Hills, NJ, 26
Also receiving multiple votes: Sport Allen, Tim Allison, Kelly Angelette, Justin Barger, Jayme Barnes, Scott Bonnell, Bill Brian (Jr.), Toby Brown, Chris Coyle, Chuck Gurney (Jr.), Blaine Heimbach, Mike Henry, David Hesmer, Josh Higday, Jerrod Hull, Billy Krull, Loren Langerud, Chad Layton, Darren Long, Randi Miller, Tim Montgomery, Jake Peters, Jim Raptis, Wayne Reutimann (Jr.), David Robinson (Jr.), Eric Schrock, Mike Ward, Shawna Wilskey.
Path Valley setups weather plan
410 Sprint Bandits 2004 schedule announced