Reuvers Shows The Way In ASA Minnesota Challenge Series Race At Raceway Park SHAKOPPE, MN (May 22, 2005) - Donny Reuvers experience as a former track champion, coupled with a great starting spot helped him to turn in a dominant run in the 50 lap ...
Reuvers Shows The Way In ASA Minnesota Challenge Series Race At Raceway Park
SHAKOPPE, MN (May 22, 2005) - Donny Reuvers experience as a former track champion, coupled with a great starting spot helped him to turn in a dominant run in the 50 lap ASA Minnesota Challenge Series opener at Raceway Park in Shakopee. Reuvers got things rolling in a hurry as he led the 18 car field to the green. The tight ¼ mile track kept things close through the early stages as Reuvers had fellow front row starter Jacob Goede right on his bumper. The first caution of the race flew on lap 12 after contact between Jonathan Eilen and Tim Olson sent Olson for a spin in turn four. Reuvers maintained his lead with Goede in second as Jason Schneider, Dean Cornelius and Jon Lemke fought it out for third. Schneider's spin on lap 34 brought out another yellow and that ended his bid for the win. Reuvers keep things rolling on the restart, but just four laps later, the action slowed for a final time as Tony Brewer and Tim Olson got together hard just out of turn four. Both drivers were uninjured, but their beaten cars would not be able to continue.
The sprint to the finish saw Reuvers well in command as Goede sat right behind, looking for the leader to slip up. That wouldn't happen however as Reuvers finished off the race, leading every lap on the way to the win. Goede locked down second with Cornelius, Bryan Roach and Lemke rounding out the top five.
The next race for the ASA Minnesota Challenge Series will be on Sunday July 10th at Raceway Park, before moving to events scheduled at I-94 Raceway and Elko Speedway.
ASA Minnesota Challenge Series
May 22, 2005 2Raceway Park, Shakopee, MN
1. Jonathan Eilen (Hampton) 2. Jason Schneider (Lakeville) 3. Donny Reuvers (Dundas) 4. Joe Berthiaume (Rogers) 5. Dean Leffler (Prior Lake) 6. Tony Brewer (Shakopee) 7. Gordy Swanson (Northfield)
1. Dean Cornelius (Chaska) 2. Tim Olson (Hamel) 3. Bryan Roach (Becker) 4. Allen Mondus (Lakeville) 5. Harm Alken (Prior Lake) 6. Jeff Choben (Oakdale)-DNF
1. Jon Lemke (Greenfield) 2. Jacob Goede (New Germany) 3. Darin Giles (New Market) 4. Jake Ryan (Farmington) 5. Molly Rhoads (Hastings) 6. Nick Brewer (Shakopee)
1. Jake Ryan (13.523 sec. NEW TRACK RECORD) 2. Dean Cornelius (13.528 sec.) 3. Jonathan Eilen (13.574 sec.)
50 Lap Feature
1. Donny Reuvers 2. Jacob Goede 3. Dean Cornelius 4. Bryan Roach 5. Jon Lemke 6. Darin Giles 7. Jonathan Eilen 8. Allen Mondus 9. Harm Alken 10. Jason Schneider 11. Jeff Choben 12. Molly Rhoads 13. Nick Brewer 14. Gordy Swanson 15. Dean Leffler 16. Tim Olson-DNF 17. Tony Brewer-DNF 18. Joe Berthiaume-DNF19. Jake Ryan-DNS
About this article