Shippensburg Speedway results 2004-09-11
Arnold takes a 600 thiller. Gordon donates the 270 event. Shippensburg, PA. - Chris Arnold of Dillsburg, PA. won one of the most thrilling 600 events in recent memory. Pole sitter Jimmy Young took command at the start of the feature. Chris Glenn ...
Arnold takes a 600 thiller. Gordon donates the 270 event.
Shippensburg, PA. - Chris Arnold of Dillsburg, PA. won one of the most thrilling 600 events in recent memory. Pole sitter Jimmy Young took command at the start of the feature. Chris Glenn making a rare appearance moved into second by lap 6 after battling Arnold . Once in second, the battle was one. Lap after lap Glenn would move up to challenge Young, but each time Young would close the door on Glenn. Arnold, who started 4th settled into 3rd. On the start of the white flag lap Glenn and Young got together in turn one, resulting in Young going pitside and Glenn being placed in the rear. Arnold then assumed the point, and from there he was able to take his first win at the speedway this year. Bo Gordon, who started sixth came home second, while Mark Strickler was third. Fourth went to Jeff Stelter, while Robbie Nixon completed the top five. Sixth thru tenth were Dustin Sheffield, Jimmy Glenn, Chris Crull, Chris Glenn, and Jimmy Young. Heats were won by Bo Gordon and Jimmy Glenn.
In the 270 event, Baltimore MD's Bo Gordon made a strong statement that he had indeed worked out the bugs in his 270 mount. Gordon, who has led numerous 270 features this year only to have something go aray, this time left no doubt. Starting on the pole, Gordon immediately opened up a huge lead over second place Ricky Stonebraker. By the halfway point, Gordon had opened up a quarter track lead over his nearest competator. A caution on lap 14 bunched up the field, but on the restart, Gordon left no doubt who was in command. When the checkered fell it was Gordon by 15 car lenghts over Stonebraker, who had his best finish of the year. Third place went to Todd Miller, while Jimmy Dawson and Rick Brehm finished 4th and 5th. Sixth thru tenth were Mike Holley, Gerard McIntyre, Mike Schreiber, Jason Hall, and John Baker. Heats were won by Brehm and McIntyre.
In other action it was Dave Edwards back in victory lane in the Thunder Car feature. Edwards, who started up front was able to hold off Chris Smith who had moved into second on lap six. At the checkered it was Edwards by 5 car lengths over Smith. Third went to Jeff Arnsberger. Keith Armolt took 4th, while Tina Ingram completed the top five. Sixth thru tenth were Dave Thomas, Kyle Martin, Lyle Barnes, Dave Ricker, and Abe Edwards. Thunder heats were won by Dave Edwards and Jason Jumper.
In the Mini Stock event, it was Mike Kershner back in the win column. The popular Kershner started 6th, and took over the lead getting by both early race leader Herb Milburn and Mark Lenker. Once in front, Kershner was able to hold off Milburn and Lenker and win by 5 car lengths. Lenker settled for second, while Milburn had a fine drive to place third. Fourth went to Tony Linn, while Mike Crate completed the top five. Sixth thru tenth were Danny Silver, Bryan Neff, Gary Newell, Billy Bass, and Larry Long. Mini Stocks heats were won by Neff and Lenker
In the special slick track race for the Junk Car class, it was once again Jermey Eutzy taking another win. Eutzy, who had a tough outing the time before, came with a different car and drove to victory once again. Finishing second was Mike Brindle, Third went to Dave Edwards. Fourth went to Rusty Neil, and Lyle Barnes finished the top five. Sixth thru tenth was Chris Eutzy, Geoff Shenk, Cory Lynch, Keith Hippensteel, and Craig Hill. Junk Car heats were won by Barnes and Edwards.
600 Finish Order:
1. Chris Arnold 2. Bo Gordon 3. Mark Strickler 4. Jeff Stelter 5. Robbie Nixon 6. Dustin Sheffield 7. Jimmy Glenn 8. Chris Crull 9. Chris Glenn 10. Jimmy Young 11. Ron May 12. J.C. Walling
270 Finsh Order:
1. Bo Gordon 2. Ricky Stonebraker 3. Todd Miller 4. Jimmy Dawson 5. Rick Brehm 6. Mike Holley 7. Gerard McIntyre 8. Mike Schreiber 9. Jason Hall 10. John Baker 11. Jason Hall 12. Ken Poff 13. Brandon Yarlett 14. Mike Deimler
Thunder Finish Order:
1. Dave Edwards 2. Chris Smith 3. Jeff Arnsberger 4. Keith Armolt 5. Tina Ingram 6. Dave Thomas 7. Kyle Martin 8. Lyle Barnes 9. Dave Ricker 10. Abe Edwards 11. Mike Brindle 12. Russ Clavey 13. Don Stoudt 14. R.T. Bulger 15. Travis Heckman 16. Dale Steward 17. Jason Jumper
Mini Stock Finish Order:
1. Mike Kershner 2. Mark Lenker 3. Herb Milburn 4. Tony Linn 5. Mike Crate 6. Danny Silvers 7. Bryan Neff 8. Gary Newell 9. Billy Bass 10. Larry Long
Junk Car Finish Order:
1. Jermey Eutzy 2. Mike Brindle 3. Dave Edwards 4. Rusty Neil 5. Lyle Barnes 6. Chris Eutzy 7. Geoff Shenk 8. Cory Lynch 9. Keith Hippensteel 10. Craig Hill 11. Toby Hippensteel
CARS: Goodyear Racing Indy IRP wrapup
CRA: Joel Kauffman returns for Anderson event