Series Elbridge Rolling Wheels Raceway Park preview
Previewing The New Yorker 25 at Rolling Wheels Raceway Park Elbridge, NY-October 6, 2010 - For the last 38 years Super DIRT Week has been the biggest week of dirt track racing in the Northeast and the World of Outlaws have been a part of the famed ...
Previewing The New Yorker 25 at Rolling Wheels Raceway Park
Elbridge, NY-October 6, 2010 - For the last 38 years Super DIRT Week has been the biggest week of dirt track racing in the Northeast and the World of Outlaws have been a part of the famed event on18 different occasions. After returning to Super DIRT Week last season the series will again take part in the historic event with a stop at Rolling Wheels Raceway Park in Elbridge, New York on Saturday, October 9.
With the closest ever four-way battle for the World of Outlaws title in full effect, The New Yorker 25 will play a pivotal role in helping determine the 2010 champion. Jason Meyers currently leads 20-time series champion Steve Kinser by 102 points, with four-time and defending series champion Donny Schatz third, 111 markers out of the top spot, with Joey Saldana fourth, 115 points back.
Kinser has won two of the last three races at Rolling Wheels for the World of Outlaws and in his illustrious career has picked up 10 victories at the track and has finished in the Top-10 in all of his 27 starts at the sprawling 5/8-mile, with 20 of those being Top-Five performances.
Schatz has won twice at Rolling Wheels, while 2001 World of Outlaws champion Danny Lasoski also has picked up a victory at the track in 2002. Craig Dollansky is the current track record holder at Rolling Wheels Raceway Park, setting that mark in time trials in 2004.
Last season at Rolling Wheels, Tim Shaffer won a thrilling battle with Schatz to pick up the win before one the biggest crowds in the history of the facility which is dubbed "The Fast Track."
The World of Outlaws raced for the first time at Rolling Wheels in 1980 and have contested a total of 31 A-Feature events at the track with 15 different drivers scoring A-Feature wins. Kinser leads all drivers with 10 victories dating back to 1981.
* Steve Kinser has a remarkable record at Rolling Wheels finishing in the Top-10 in all 27 of his career starts at the track, scoring 10 wins along the way to lead all drivers.
* Donny Schatz has won twice at Rolling Wheels and has picked up four straight podium finishes at the track. He led the middle stages of the race last season before finishing second.
* Jason Meyers set fast time at Rolling Wheels last season and ended up fifth in the main event. The current series point leader has finished in the Top- in five of his seven starts at Rolling Wheels
* Joey Saldana has eight Top-10 finishes in 11 career starts at Rolling Wheels, including four straight as he looks for his first win at the tack.
* Jason Sides finished a career best eighth at Rolling Wheels last season. The veteran has won four times this year with the World of Outlaws, which is a career high.
* Paul McMahan will be making his first start at Rolling Wheels since an eighth-place finish 2008. The veteran has finished in the Top-10 in each of his last two starts at the track and was a career-best third in 2001.
* Craig Dollansky, who set the track record in time trials at Rolling Wheels in 2001, has six career Top-10 finishes at the track with four of those being Top-Fives.
* Danny Lasoski won at Rolling Wheels in 2002 and has 10 career Top-10 finishes at the track in 14 starts. He has finished ninth or better in six of his last seven starts at the track.
* Kraig Kinser has a couple of Top-10 finishes in just a handful of starts at Rolling Wheels. He finished fifth at the track in 2008.
* Jac Haudenschild finished fourth last season at Rolling Wheels as he continues to chase his first win at the track. The veteran has 12 career Top-10 finishes at the track with six of those being Top-Fives.
* Lucas Wolfe finished a career-best seventh last season at Rolling Wheels. The 2008 Kevin Gobrecht Rookie of the Year has raced three times with the World of Outlaws at the track.
* Sam Hafertepe Jr. will be making his first start at Rolling Wheels since 2008 this week. The native of Sunnyvale, Texas has raced twice at "The Fast Track."
* Chad Kemenah has finished 12th each of the last two seasons at Rolling Wheels and has always been pretty consistent at the track, scoring a best finish of ninth in 2006.
* Ben Gregg and Toni Lutar, who are contending for the Kevin Gobrecht Rookie of the Year Award this season, will both be making their debut at Rolling Wheels
* Jason Meyers and Joey Saldana will take to the air on Wednesday night at 8 p.m. Eastern on the Racin On Dirt radio show with host Boyd Adams online at www.blogtalkradio.com/racinondirt.
By the Numbers: Rolling Wheels Raceway Park
0.625 -Miles around Rolling Wheels Raceway Park
1- Race this season on a 5/8-mile track for the World of Outlaws
3- Total races for the World of Outlaws in the state of New York this season
10- Wins for Steve Kinser at Rolling Wheels with the World of Outlaws to lead all drivers
13- A-Feature wins for Joey Saldana this season to lead the World of Outlaws
15- Drivers that have won A-Feature events with the World of Outlaws at Rolling Wheels
15.952- Track record established by Craig Dollansky in time trials in 2004
18- Drivers that have won A-Feature events with the World of Outlaws this season
20- Drivers that have won a dash to earn a pole position in a main event; Drivers that have been fastest in time trials this season
26- Drivers that have led laps in feature events this season
27- Top-10 finishes for Steve Kinser at Rolling Wheels to lead all drivers
31- A-Feature events contested by the World of Outlaws at Rolling Wheels dating back to 1980
37- Top-Five finishes for Steve Kinser through October 2 to lead the series
54- Top-10 finishes for Steve Kinser through October 2 to lead the series
115- Points that separate the Top-Four drivers in the World of Outlaws standings in the closest-ever four-way battle for the title
282- Miles from Williams Grove Speedway in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania where the World of Outlaws competed on October 1-2 to Rolling Wheels Raceway Park in New York
368- Laps led by Joey Saldana in main events this season to lead the series
1980- Year the World of Outlaws first competed at Rolling Wheels Raceway Park
10,000- Dollars the winner will receive on Saturday, October 9
51,690- Dollars in the total purse on Saturday, October 9
292,250- Dollars earned by Steve Kinser this season to lead the series
Tickets: On Saturday, October 9 at Rolling Wheels Raceway Park, adult general admission tickets will be $33, with adult reserved tickets $35. Tickets for children will be $12. To purchase tickets online visit www.WorldofOutlaws.com/tickets or call 315-834-6606.
The World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series is brought to fans across the
Elite Racing Mechanicsburg event summary
Goodyear Racing event summary