Series Lebanon Valley Speedway preview
Previewing the World of Outlaws at Lebanon Valley Speedway West Lebanon, NY--July 23, 2010- There are not too many tracks on the World of Outlaws circuits that are quite as fast as the ultra high-banked Lebanon Valley Speedway in New York. In ...
Previewing the World of Outlaws at Lebanon Valley Speedway
West Lebanon, NY--July 23, 2010- There are not too many tracks on the World of Outlaws circuits that are quite as fast as the ultra high-banked Lebanon Valley Speedway in New York. In fact, at the moment, the famed Eldora Speedway in Ohio is the only facility where the track record speed-wise is faster. Blazing fast speeds await the World of Outlaws this weekend, as the series will make its annual stop at Lebanon Valley Speedway to tackle the high banks on Sunday, July 25 as the second East Coast swing of the season continues.
Joey Saldana leads the series into Lebanon Valley Speedway on the strength of a series-best 10 A-Feature wins to go along with 25 Top-Five finishes as he chases his first series title. He has one career win at Lebanon Valley Speedway to go along with nine Top-10 finishes in 10 starts.
Steve Kinser, the 20-time World of Outlaws champion, leads all drivers at the half-mile with nine career wins. The living legend has 24 career Top-10 finishes with 23 of those being Top-Fives in 27 starts at the track, the most of any driver.
Donny Schatz, the four-time and defending World of Outlaws champion, has won twice at Lebanon Valley and has nine career Top-10 finishes at the track. He has won twice this season, including on a half-mile at Volusia Speedway Park in Florida to open the year.
Craig Dollansky is the defending race winner at Lebanon Valley Speedway, scoring his first win at the track. The veteran started on the front row with Steve Kinser, winning the race into turn one twice, as the only caution of the night flew on the opening lap, setting up a complete restart. The remainder of the 25-lap contest went non-stop in just over seven-and-a-half minutes, with Dollansky pacing the entire distance.
The World of Outlaws first competed at Lebanon Valley Speedway in 1981, with Steve Kinser scoring the win in the series inaugural race at the track. A total of 13 drivers have been victorious in the 29 events the series has contested at the high-banked and blazing fast half-mile over the years.
* Steve Kinser has an amazing record at Lebanon Valley Speedway, scoring nine wins, including in the World of Outlaws debut at the track back in 1981. He has 24 career Top-10 finishes at the track with 23 of those being Top-Five performances
* Joey Saldana, the current World of Outlaws points leader, won at Lebanon Valley for the first time in 2003 and has finished ninth or better in nine of his 10 career starts at the track.
* Donny Schatz has two wins at Lebanon Valley with the first of those coming in 2001 and the most recent in 2005. He has nine career Top-10 finishes at the track.
* Jason Meyers won at the half-mile in 2007 and finished second in 2008. He has five Top-10 finishes in seven starts at the track.
* Danny Lasoski, who holds the track record at Lebanon Valley finished third last season at the track and has eight career Top-10 finishes as he looks for his first win at the track.
* Craig Dollansky scored his first win at Lebanon Valley Speedway last season, leading all 25 laps. He has four career Top-10 finishes at the blazing fast half-mile
* Paul McMahan, who leads the World of Outlaws with nine fast time honors this season in qualifying, will make his first start at Lebanon Valley Speedway since 2008 on Sunday. The veteran has two career podium finishes at the track.
* Lucas Wolfe has three straight Top-10 finishes at the track including a runner-up performance in 2006 and also a third-place effort in 2007.
* Sam Hafertepe Jr. finished third in his most recent start at Lebanon Valley Speedway in 2008.
* Ben Gregg and Toni Lutar, who are competing for the Kevin Gobrecht Rookie of the Year Award this season will be making their debut at Lebanon Valley Speedway
By the Numbers: Lebanon Valley Speedway
0.5- Miles around Lebanon Valley Speedway
2- Drivers that will be making their debut at Lebanon Valley- Ben Gregg & Toni Lutar
3- Races in the state of New York this season for the World of Outlaws
4.6- Average finish for Steve Kinser in 27 starts at Lebanon Valley Speedway to lead all drivers
6- Drivers competing full-time with the World of Outlaws this season that have won at Lebanon Valley Speedway with the series
9- Wins at Lebanon Valley Speedway for Steve Kinser to lead all drivers
10- Wins for Joey Saldana this season through July 20 to lead the series
12- Drivers competing full-time with the World of Outlaws that raced at Lebanon Valley Speedway last season with the series
13- Drivers that have won A-Feature events with the series at the track
14- Drivers that have won A-Feature events this season with the World of Outlaws
15- Drivers that have been quickest in time trials this season
16- Drivers currently competing full-time with the series; Drivers that have won a Dash this season to earn a pole position in a main event
16.383- Track record established by Danny Lasoski in time trials in 2003
23- Top-Five finishes in World of Outlaws events at Lebanon Valley Speedway for Steve Kinser to lead all drivers
24- Drivers that have led laps in World of Outlaws A-Feature events this season
25- Laps led by Craig Dollansky en route to winning at Lebanon Valley last season
29- Consecutive years that the World of Outlaws have raced at Lebanon Valley Speedway
36- Top-10 finishes for Steve Kinser entering this weekend to lead the series
40- A-Feature events completed by the World of Outlaws entering this weekend
269- Laps led by Joey Saldana through July 20 to lead the series
317- Miles from Williams Grove Speedway in Pennsylvania where the World of Outlaws competed on July 23-24 to Lebanon Valley Speedway in New York
1981- Year the World of Outlaws first competed at Lebanon Valley Speedway
10,000- Dollars the winner will receive on Sunday, July 25
51,690- Dollars in the total purse on Sunday, July 25
188,500- Dollars earned by Joey Saldana this season to lead the series
On Sunday, July 25 at Lebanon Valley Speedway, general admission tickets for adults will be $25 with general admission tickets for kids $5. Reserved tickets for adults will be $26 with tower reserved tickets also available. For ticket information visit www.lebanonvalley.com.
Series Fast Talkers - Williams Grove 2010-07-21
Series Williams Grove Speedway preview