Vivarin Racing Club formed
IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Gary Collins GCI Group (212) 546-2106 VIVARIN ANNOUNCES FORMATION OF THE VIVARIN RACING CLUB FOR WORLD OF OUTLAWS RACING FANS Fans Could Win A Trip To The Amoco ...
IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Gary Collins GCI Group (212) 546-2106
VIVARIN ANNOUNCES FORMATION OF THE VIVARIN RACING CLUB FOR WORLD OF OUTLAWS RACING FANS
Fans Could Win A Trip To The Amoco Knoxville Nationals With Membership
Pittsburgh, PA -- April 2, 1996 -- Every racing season has its moments of excitement, twists and turns, lead changes and great intrigue. Now fans of World of Outlaws racing will be able to follow the 1996 season and all of its dramatic moments through the formation of The Vivarin Racing Club.
"As sponsor of Dave Blaney, the 1995 World of Outlaws champion, Vivarin knows the thrill of sprint car racing and of victory," said Michele Klingensmith, Vivarin Business Manager. "Now, with the creation of the Vivarin Racing Club, World of Outlaws fans will have the opportunity for an even closer relationship with the sport by actually joining the winning Vivarin team."
In recognition of its popularity, Vivarin -- America's #1 selling alertness aid -- is inviting all sprint car fans to join The Vivarin Racing Club. Whether you have witnessed a World of Outlaws race car tear around a track at speeds in excess of 100 MPH or just got caught up in "racing fever," The Vivarin Racing Club may be just the club for you.
Vivarin Racing Club members will receive a free subscription to The Vivarin Racing Club Newsletter -- providing the inside track on all of the latest news about the Vivarin Racing Team and the World of Outlaws Series -- the opportunity to purchase exclusive Vivarin Racing apparel, and even a chance to win a trip for two to the Amoco Knoxville Nationals. And, best of all, membership is free. To join, racing fans can send a postcard with their name, address and telephone number to: Vivarin Racing Club, c/o GCI Group, 777 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017.
The World of Outlaws national championship series is the best known winged sprint car racing series in the United States. Regional tours include California's Northern Auto Racing Club (NARC), the All Star Circuit of Champions in western Pennsylvania and Ohio, New York's Empire State Sprinters (ESS) and the International Motor Contest Association (IMCA) in the Midwest.
Vivarin*, America's #1-selling alertness aid, is a product of Three Rivers Group, a division of SmithKline Beecham Consumer Healthcare. SmithKline Beecham, one of the world's leading healthcare companies, discovers, develops, manufactures and markets pharmaceuticals, vaccines, non-prescription medicine, health-related consumer products and clinical laboratory testing services.
# # #
VIVARIN RACING FACT SHEET
* Vivarin began sponsoring the World of Outlaws Series and Dave Blaney in 1991.
* Vivarin sponsors the "Vivarin Dash" which is a race used to determine the lineup for the evenings "A" Feature race. Top finishers of the evening's preliminary heats -- usually the top six finishers in each, depending on the number of racers that evening -- compete in the Dash. The results of the 5-to-7 lap Dash then determine the positions for the evening's "A" Main event.
* Vivarin helps World of Outlaws fans drive home safely after a long night of racing by handing out Vivarin alertness aid samples at each race.
* Each Vivarin tablet contains 200 mg. of caffeine, equal to about two cups of coffee.
* Vivarin has enjoyed one of the most successful sponsorships in the entire World of Outlaws series. Since teaming up with Casey Luna Ford before the 1993 season, the Vivarin Racing team has never finished out of the top five in final point standings.
* The Vivarin Racing Team won its first World of Outlaws championship with driver Dave Blaney, the "Buckeye Bullet," in 1995.
* In 1993 and 1994 Dave Blaney battled Steve Kinser for the championship. He finished 363 points behind in 1994, 117 out in 1993.
* Dave Blaney captured his first World of Outlaws championship in 1995, beating Jac Hadenschild by 142 points in the point standings.
* With 12 World of Outlaws "A" feature wins in 1995, Dave Blaney ran his career total to 54 wins.
# # #