TONY STEWART AND SIRIUS XM RADIO ANNOUNCE 2010 'STEWIE AWARD' WINNERS "The Stewies" were presented tonight on the SIRIUS NASCAR Radio channel live from Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas Encore broadcasts of "The Stewies" will air Dec. 3, 4 ...
TONY STEWART AND SIRIUS XM RADIO ANNOUNCE 2010 'STEWIE AWARD' WINNERS
"The Stewies" were presented tonight on the SIRIUS NASCAR Radio channel live from Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas
Encore broadcasts of "The Stewies" will air Dec. 3, 4 and 5
NEW YORK -- December 2, 2010 - Winners of the fourth annual 'Stewie Awards' were announced tonight by two-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion Tony Stewart on SIRIUS XM Radio and in front of a live audience at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
The 2010 'Stewie Award' winners were decided by fans who voted for the best, boldest and funniest moments of the NASCAR season. Listeners around the country tuned in to experience the event live on SIRIUS NASCAR Radio, channel 128 for SIRIUS subscribers and XM subscribers with the "Best of SIRIUS" programming package.
"The Stewies" will be rebroadcast on SIRIUS NASCAR Radio on Friday, Dec. 3 (7:00 pm ET), Saturday, Dec. 4 (5:00 pm ET) and Sunday, Dec. 5 (3:00 pm ET).
Guests on tonight's program included: 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion Jimmie Johnson, who captured the title for an unprecedented fifth straight year, Chase drivers Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin and Kevin Harvick, owners Chip Ganassi and DeLana Harvick, Ford Martin and celebrity Robin Leach. Video highlights of the event will be available at www.sirius.com/nascar.
Winners in 10 categories, including "Best Original Drama," "Best Driver2Crew Chatter," "Best Vocal Performance" and others were honored.
The winners of the 2010 'Stewie Awards' are:
Golden Stewie Award -- Selected by Stewart and co-host Matt Yocum and honoring a legendary figure from the Golden Era of racing, this year's award went to former NASCAR owner, stuntman and film producer/director Hal Needham.
"Stewie" Lifetime Achievement Award -- Selected by Stewart and Yocum, this award was given to the late Jim Hunter, NASCAR's former VP of corporate communications who passed away in October. The award was accepted during tonight's event by Hunter's son, Scott.
Best Original Drama -- Honoring the year's most dramatic moment or sequence.
* Clint Bowyer wins the Sylvania 300 at Loudon on Sep. 19 but later loses win after failing an inspection for being 1/16th of an inch too high on left rear. The loss costs the #33 team a shot at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series title.
Hal Needham Award (Best Stunt Sequence) -- For the year's most spectacular crash
* During Sonoco Red Cross Pennsylvania 500 at Pocono, Elliott Sadler plows head first into SAFER barrier wall in one of the hardest impacts ever recorded by NASCAR. As a result of numerous safety improvements made in the sport, Sadler was not injured.
Best Original Comedy -- Honoring the year's most entertaining "incident."
* Joey Logano rips Kevin Harvick to reporters at Pocono saying, "His wife wears the firesuit in the family and tells him what to do." (In Logano's absence, this award was presented tonight to DeLana Harvick)
Bonehead Move of the Year Award
* Denny Hamlin puts a proven, three-win car into the wall during his victory burnout at Pocono on Jun. 6.
"Feels Like The First Time" Award -- For the most notable "first" of the NASCAR season.
* Chip Ganassi becomes the first owner to win the "Trifecta" -- Daytona 500, Indianapolis 500 and Brickyard 400 -- in the same year.
"Boys, Have At It" Award
* At Atlanta on March 3, Carl Edwards "pays back" Brad Keselowski and ends up flipping Keselowski's car onto its roof.
Best Driver2Crew Chatter Exchange -- Acknowledging the year's most memorable driver-to-pit crew communication
* Kyle Busch expresses his displeasure at Jimmie Johnson not letting him pass at Martinsville on Oct. 24.
Best Vocal Performance -- Honoring the year's most memorable quote
* Kevin Harvick shares his post-race thoughts on the #48 team's luck at Fontana on Feb. 21.
SIRIUS XM is the Official Satellite Radio Partner of NASCAR, broadcasting every NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race live on SIRIUS NASCAR Radio, channel 128, the only radio channel dedicated to NASCAR 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
NASCAR official sponsor announcement transcript
Daytona Int'l Speedway news 2010-12-03
Tony Stewart, SIRIUS XM announce 'Stewie Award' winners
- Formula 1
11 Jun - 14 JunTickets
25 Jun - 28 JunTickets
2 Jul - 5 JulTickets
16 Jul - 19 JulTickets
30 Jul - 2 AugTickets
27 Aug - 30 AugTickets